Lead’s Legacy School, a Private Nursery and Primary School in Ikotun Egbe axis of Lagos State, requires the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physics, Chemistry or Biology Teacher
Location: Ikotun Egbe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time / Permanent
Industry: Private Secondary School
- Understanding the curriculum and developing schedules, lesson plans, and teaching methods that will help students cover the required content.
- Preparing and delivering lessons that are stimulating and clear.
- Educating students on lab safety and ensuring all experiments are carried out responsibly.
- Setting up tests, assignments, experiments, and grading students fairly.
- Ensuring appropriate resources and consultation times are available to students.
- Mentoring and providing support to student teachers.
- Attending staff and parent meetings, conferences, workshops, and other continuing education programs.
- Informing and preparing students for science fairs and expos.
- Handling various administration functions, which include updating student records and keeping track of lab supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Ensuring a safe, healthy classroom environment where learning can take place
- Effectively manage the behavior of students
- Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
- Oversee assigned out-of-classroom activities during the school day, as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the principal or superintendent
- B.Ed., B.Sc. or HND related courses.
- MSc. MBA will be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience in the subject area.
- Relevant certification may be required.
- A completed apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of teaching styles recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Strong multitasking skills.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates must reside within Ikotun Egbe or its environ.