Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Pharmaco, the pharmacy supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure a good pharmacy management at all levels.
Effective Stock Management, Medical Supplies and Analysis:
- Give technical support to pharmacists and pharmacy assistants in the mission and ensure they anticipate expired drugs, overstock, sleeping stock and pre-ruptures (they identify and take proper actions on all stock indicators).
- Provide input in the preparation of international medical orders through consumption data, and most recent stock levels.
- Monitor and analyze stock in the pharmacy in order to avoid ruptures and expired drugs.
- Ensure prompt update of all stock movements, loans, donations, reception for all drugs, consumables and medical equipment in stock cards and on excels.
- Report to Pharma Co promptly on unusual consumption patterns and give support as required in securing buffer stock.
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure timely and regular supply of medical commodities to all project sites and health facilities to avoid stock-out and interruption of ongoing activities
- Ensure timely preparation of supplies to clinics in Maiduguri and Damboa intermediate pharmacy.
- Coordinate and supervise reception of local and international orders in collaboration with the logistics department and pharmacists and inform the pharmaco and logistics team of any discrepancies or damage.
- Collaborate with the Pharmaco on destruction of expired items
- Check and ensure quality of drugs are in line with MDM internal and national regulations during the procurement process.
- Participates in the development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported facilities and mobile clinics.
- Share in advance information on pre-ruptures of essential drugs with Pharmaco for prompt alternate sourcing to ensure continuity of program activities.
- Ensure overall compilation of consumption data across the mission for all drugs, consumables, medical equipment and kits.
- Monitor drug consumption and inform Pharmaco in case of unusual consumption.
- Ensure an organized and clean pharmacy; the drugs must be tidied, organized in a hygienic and clear way according to MdM rules of classification of drug, allowing easy access to the information.
- Organize the drugs storage according to international standards (route of administration, alphabetical order of International Non-proprietary Name, FEFO principle, clear labeling with INN + dosage + pharmaceutical form + expiry date) and donor
- Organize and ensure weekly cleaning of the central pharmacy.
- Ensure twice a day temperature monitoring of the pharmacy and all refrigerators containing medications or any cold chain products and record it on the follow up sheet; keeping all stock under controlled temperature.
- Organize drugs, medical supplies and equipment for easy identification, inventory, and distribution (efficient stock movement).
- Ensure all boxes and items in stock are properly identified and registered in stock cards and excel.
- Report immediately any deviation from the expected temperature ranges to logistics, enquire the reasons of the dysfunctions and propose possible solutions.
- Ensure proper storage occurs in the central pharmacy and across the clinics, security and pest control protocols for medical warehousing is observed and respected at all times.
- Ensure all expired drugs and items are retrieved from the stock both in the central pharmacy and MdM clinics.
- Conduct regular check on respect for GDPs: the layout of the warehouse, storage, product arrangement, reception, distribution and transport.
- Ensure that appropriate storage and handling occurs across MdM clinics.
- Organize a monthly physical inventory and provide the result to the pharmaco
- Compile various section of pharmacy monthly analysis and review for onward sharing with the Pharmaco
- Prepare weekly activities plan with the support of Pharmaco and Dep PhCo.
- Compile information of inventory and consumption for the monthly analysis.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the relevant trainings organized by MDM
- Provide a report after each field visit with objectives achieved and recommendation to be followed.
- Provide first draft of monthly analysis for revision of Pharmaco.
- Liaise / inform clinician, doctors and midwife about drug availability.
- Make regular supportive supervision to all health facilities or mobile sites been supported by MdM using the standard checklist and provide technical support to relevant staff on standard practice, make recommendations based on the observed gaps for better programing
- Provide technical support to pharmacists and pharmacy assistants on the field to ensure smooth implementation of pharmacy activities.
- Conduct regular field visits to mobile clinics and provide necessary on the job training to pharmacy assistants and other medical staff based on the gap identified.
- Communicate with and propose the areas for capacity building for medical staff in relation to pharmacy with Health Quality Assurance Technical Advisor.
- Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription and rational use of drugs for medical staff.
Preparation for Orders:
- Participate in analysis of needs, forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks; initiating timely procurement of medical orders in collaboration with pharmaco.
- Establish good reMedecins du Monde (MdM)lationship with the different stakeholders to have a smooth implementation of MDM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure good pharmacy management in the mission.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Pharmaco
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Contact State Ministry of Health, and other partners as delegated by pharmaco for efficient supply chain management.
- At least 2 years as professional pharmacist
- Preferred experience in similar position
- Strong sense of organization and attention to details.
- Capacity to work in a team and maintain individual work load.
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility.
- High level of moMedecins du Monde (MdM)tivation.
- Good communication
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Hausa
- Microsoft office-Excel and word.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in a single attachment to: email@example.com using “Pharmacy Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are exMedecins du Monde (MdM)pected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
- This job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs.