Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Peri Operative Nurse
Job Code: CHL / LG / HR / 2021 / 09 / JAD / 003
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Perioperative Nurse will be responsible for Scrubbing and circulating, providing patient care by assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery.
- These activities include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
Key Performance Areas
- Scrub and circulating nurse role
- Assess patients prior to surgery and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
- Other assigned tasks
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- RN / RPON
- Bachelor’s of Nursing Science with 2 – 7 years work experience.
- Licence: Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care
- Must have strong clinical skills and have the ability to precept employees.
- Effective communication skills for service area.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work efficiently under time constraints
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Job Code as the subject of the email.