Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnership Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a mission-driven and impact obsessed self-starter who has intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn about a range of issues quickly, with a passion to improve the well-being of women and transform the agricultural landscape in Nigeria. The Partnership Lead is responsible for all partnership and development activities.
- You will develop and manage Cam’s institutional relationships, develop tools and systems to support partnership development and management activities, and help lead specific projects that are uniquely dependent on partnerships.
Scoping and Cultivating New Partnerships:
- Develop an overarching partnerships strategy, framework and implementation plan for sourcing, engaging and managing strategic relationships across the globe.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner engagement, relationship management and continuously capture knowledge and understanding about our strategic partners.
- Work with the CEO and senior leadership team to identify current high-priority partners for individual initiatives and programmes, their current approaches to partnership development and management, and their near- and long-term goals for current and desired partnerships.
- Identify partnership engagement opportunities and build on partnership engagement work plan in conjunction with the CEO
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure partner implementations are delivered as agreed.
- Identify partners to support the scale and adoption of Câm’s initiatives– with a specific focus on identifying further joint fundraising opportunities.
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest.
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various programmes with partners, including co-created and/or co-sponsored initiatives, and/or event partnerships.
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization – you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally.
- Liaise with agencies where necessary to reach maximum engagement and impact.
Donor Relations, Prospect and Poposal Development:
- Support continued donor mapping to identify and quantify the most significant high-return funding prospects for Câm in line with Câm’s funding strategy.
- Develop relevant funder communications aligning Câm’s impact to funders’ focus.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Lead to develop and update external facing communication content.
- Match potential funders with programmes and devise short, medium and long-term funder engagement plans for key funders and/or income streams, in consultation with the CEO.
- Coordinate and lead on proposal delivery as assigned, including joint development of budgets.
- Coordinate and lead on funder report delivery as assigned, including the programme financial reports.
- Acts as a focal point for Câm’s fundraising and partnership teams, Public Sector Partnerships and a focal point on global as well as regional funding opportunities.
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure alignment with Câm’s finance strategies and policies.
- Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in institutional fundraising and corporate partnerships, ideally within the social or agricultural sector.
- Strong understanding of funders including USAID, FCDO, Mastercard Foundation, and funder requirements and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of responding to funding calls from funders and developing funding relationships with private and corporate foundations
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with organizations to collaborate on programme ideas
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write persuasively and with a high degree of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse individuals and organisations, including multinational corporates
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Powerpoint) and Google tools and a willingness to learn new software eg. Airtable, Salesforce
Skills and Attributes:
- You are a business development professional with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and a proven track record of building strong and effective relationships with institutions
- Goal orientated and dependable
- Understanding of and commitment to Câm’s mission and values; attributes and promises to stakeholders.
- An ability to quickly grasp complex issues and systems and understand the role of partnerships within them.
- Ability to move quickly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to take initiative
- High level of integrity and mature judgement
- High level of organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent conflict resolution skills – can work through difficult problems
- Ability multitask and use project management tools like google calendar
- Team player and collaborator
- Passion for social impact business models (creating a positive impact through your job!)
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels and functions
- Curiosity and a sense of humor
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online