Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor (I)
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Fixed term contract and Working hours according to Nigerian law
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome, and support decision-taking.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication that may arise.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team to optimize the quality of care.
- Supervise the medical activities in general (triage, observation, pharmacy, data, Referral, etc.)
- Follow up on HR issues (both MSF+MSF incentive staffs at the facility level and communicate the same to project medical referent. Manage the discipline among the team. Report to the line manager or project coordinator in case of issue.
- Ensure Covid protocols are followed in the health facilities.
- Ensure all standard infection measures are followed according to MSF/MOH protocols.
- Keep close relationship with the facility in-charges be in touch on daily basis regarding everyday activities in the facilities, inform the MTL if any challenges that require further attention.
- Surveillance of potential outbreak diseases and reporting to the MTL immediately a suspected case is identified.
- Works in liaison with facility in charges with regards to disciplinary matters of the incentive staff while relating to his immediate supervisors
- Participate to the writing of the monthly report.
- Specialty (Nurse or Anesthetist or Community Health Practitioner Diploma, Epidemiology) Diploma is essential.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- English required additional local languages desirable.
- Excel and Word required. Proven ability to learn finance & HR systems.
Competencies and Qualities:
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
- According to the MSF Salary scale
- 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the documents listed below to: email@example.com using “Nursing Team Supervisor – Calabar” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to fill application form
- Updated CV
- Copies of all certificates and diplomas
- Mentioned in the CV
- Cover Letter
- Valid Practicing Licence
- Work Certificates
- Updated contact details and ID.
- Non compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will betolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts.
- All illicitdemands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.