Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards. Recently, Lagoon Hospitals received her Certificate of Re-accreditation from JCI. Lagoon Hospitals is driven by a single thrust, to provide the best standards of patient care. It is this passion that has led to the development of unique specialities across medical disciplines, within the Lagoon Hospitals Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Care Coordinators, Consultants in charge and Medical Directors.
This role is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, disease prevention and treatment of patients.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Monitor and provide general and follow up care to patients at designated work stations.
- Liaise with consultants and specialists on patients’ medical condition
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of patients’ encounters.
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
- Provide health education and support to patients and their attendants
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Adequate monitoring and prompt response to patients
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards and clinical practice guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree the Medical/Clinical field (MBBS)
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, with a valid medical practicing license.
- Minimum of 1 year clinical experience.
- Basic Life Support skills and sound medical knowledge
- Excellent documentation skills with IT skills required for the use of EMR and Microsoft Office packages.
- Organizational, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to Details and Emotional Intelligence.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Diligent and responsible
- Honest and reliable.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Experience Level Junior