Afriglobal Medicare Limited (AML) is a leading, state-of-the-art, diagnostic firm providing comprehensive, accurate and reliable testing with quick turn-around time and innovative solutions, with special attention to patient care. We are a highly skilled and motivated team, committed to improving healthcare in Africa through quality and affordable diagnostics. Our core services include Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology and Wellness.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Locations: Victoria Island and Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Draws blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes: Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing- duplication to be removed
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with requesting Physician or other medical personnel and bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipuncture and finger sticks.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Collects therapeutic drug-monitoring assays by collaborating with nursing personnel to ensure appropriate drug dose to collection time.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Performs bleeding-times tests when needed and entering results to the database , informing laboratory supervisor of results falling outside normal ranges for onward report to the requesting physician
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
- Educate clients on pre-analytical preparation when required
- Obey and practice laws of Nigeria
- Have respect for other team members, board and business associates.
- Possess 0-1 year post experience.
- Proficient in English
- Practicing license MLT
- Analyzing Information, Infection Control, Attention to Detail, Lab Environment, Procedural Skills, Quality Focus, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others and high ethics.
- Cautious and friendly to patients
- A high sense of human relation.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.