Protege Management – Our client, a proudly African FinTech company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MD / CEO – Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: GCEO
- This role requires a skilled and strategic communicator with strong business acumen and analytical skills, as well as a proven ability to manage projects cross-functionally. In this highly visible role, the director will gain exposure and strong working knowledge of our business as well as a keen understanding of our business priorities at the executive team level.
- The MD is responsible for providing strategic, financial, and operational leadership for the company and will closely coordinate and work with the Group CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Team.
- The right candidate must be ready to enhance the great company culture, provide inspired leadership to the Executive team, establish a great working relationship with the Board of Directors and Network International Leadership, and set a course for company strategy.
The main responsibilities are:
- Plan, develop, implement and direct the company’s operational and fiscal function and performance
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the Group’s plans and programs
- Analyze and make recommendations on the impact of long-range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions
- Improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the Group that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors and the Network International Leadership as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Provide strategic input/advisory and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Group
- Develop new merchant relationships, maintain existing strong merchant relationships and encourage the expansion of engagements, and ensure the quality of these engagements
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and work closely with the Group CFO to foster and grow strategic financial partnerships
Experience / Skills Required
- A Master’s Degree (MBA, MSc, MA. ML) is compulsory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Finance, or any other relevant field.
- You will have at least 10 years of relevant experience in the payments/fintech industry OR a large operational corporate company with a track record of success, of which at least five should have been either as MD/CEO or reporting directly to the CEO in a very senior role.
- International experience (including developing countries and multicultural environments).
- Demonstrate competency in the creation and execution of strategic plans in your former career.
- Familiarity with corporate law and ‘best practices’ management.
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change.
- Effective communicator, especially with executives and in ambiguous situations. Ability to explain complex concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Sound understanding of payments systems and business as well as innate curiosity in the payments worlds
- Global perspective and awareness of market differences and commonalities
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high-level concepts to details and solutions without much guidance
- Results-oriented individual who challenges the status quo in order to drive a culture of constant improvement with customers and markets at the centre.
- Process and solutions-oriented, with high attention to detail, quality, and opportunity for optimization.
- Excellent influencing/negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment – the ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward.
- You have had working experience in Africa and deeply understand the culture.
- The startup experience will be a great added advantage.
- A keen balance between creativity, commercial aptitude, intellectual curiosity, and project management.
- Natural communicator and storyteller with a passion for promoting ideas effectively – show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate human insights into commercial outcomes.
- Inspirational and motivational skills; actively promote an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought.
- Adaptable, energetic, positive and motivated when tackling challenging problems.
Application Closing Date
28th February 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.