Prudent Effsow Commodities Limited is an Agro-processing and export entity operating in Nigeria, aimed at becoming the source of premium Agro-processed commodities to the global market.
Currently starting out with Cashew Nuts, we have developed a robust operating model that gives us considerable control of our logistics, local supplies, and access to markets in America, Europe, Asia and Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management Accountant
- The Management Accountant shall support the Finance department and will provide financial and strategic support through the provision of meaningful advisory, reporting and analysis to drive performance across the business.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs)
- Design, implement and maintain management information systems using a combination of automated, semi-automated and manual systems.
- Provide management with timely, relevant financial information to better understand the business and cost/revenue profile.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate financial reports, monthly and annual accounts to management, the business and external regulatory authorities, where necessary.
- Design and prepare reports for management decision making.
- Assist in the set-up, continuous assessment, and amendment of the company computerized
- accounting system for greater effectiveness
- Investigate and recommend improvements to the current financial system, work standards and procedures to contribute towards improving profitability through cost control, improved internal controls and greater work efficiency.
- Manage the budget and forecast processes by collecting all financial information necessary for the annual and strategic planning process.
- Undertake analysis of risks and opportunities to provide forecast information as required whilst working closely with the subsidiary leadership teams.
- Ensure that timely reporting of performance and variance analysis for all direct and indirect costs are undertaken.
- Identify and report on variance drivers so that appropriate action can be taken as required.
- Development of Presentations and Information memorandum as and when required.
- Develop a strong business partnering structure to facilitate good analysis of all commercial and supply chain activities including export functions and value optimization initiatives.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- The job holder liaises with other staff throughout the organization to ensure that the Finance function is giving due attention.
- Support the overall goal of the organization
- Promote the Organization’s culture through standard fiscal practices
- Confidentiality of all financial documents and records
- Work in harmony with team members across the organization for the purpose of achieving goals
- Liaise with managers on finance related programs and projects
- To undertake other duties as appropriate within the competence level and general level of responsibility of the job role.
Requirements & Person Specification
- B.Sc or HND holder in Accounting or Business Administration.
- MBA or MSc certification is required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in core Finance & Accounting
- Experience within the FMCG or Agro-processing Industry is required
- CDD must be a Chartered Accountant
- Must have worked as a Management Accountant or in other senior roles of similar capacity
- Must be able to collaborate with consultants and auditors to achieve business goals
- Smart and enthusiastic
- Able to manage stress and work under pressure
- Good team player and must be a professional by all standards.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.