ZOLA Electric (formerly Off Grid Electric) is the leading clean energy technology brand in Africa. Through our distribution partners, ZOLA products bring light and power to homes, small businesses, and whole communities. Our products help people stay connected and expand opportunities for work and study.
ZOLA is a scale-up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa and around the world with clean, affordable solar energy. ZOLA Electric combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term, integrated energy solution to an unreliable grid.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- We are looking for a Logistics and Procurement Manager to create, manage, and implement the Group logistics, manufacturing/supply chain strategy and support Engineering and Sales execution.
- Liaise with shipping agents for the flawless and timely execution of shipments needed for customers.
- Coordinate with Sales teams and shipping agent network to provide all quote information needed to propose and execute sales.
- Coordinate all documentation required for all global shipments.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure supplier payment in time for shipment execution.
- Oversee inventory forecasting across Engineering and Sales (both B2B and traditional vertically integrated sales); use the forecasts created to guide supplier production levels.
- Create / execute strategy for supplier production and stocking levels of all warehouses.
- Oversee inventory in all Group-operated warehouses, and have stock levels ready to serve customers at the customer service levels defined.
- Manage / coordinate the counting and protection of all inventory in Group-managed warehouses.
- The Logistics and Procurement Manager will report into the VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain and be based in our Nigeria office.
- Participate in strategic meetings to contribute to the development of the 3 to 5-year Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing Strategy and Business Plan
- Develop and manage the implementation ZOLA Electricof policies, procedures, systems and controls for effective manufacturing and logistics ZOLA Electric operations
- Establish and maintain appropriate performance metrics to track and manage performance, safety, quality and cost.
- Manage the intake of logistics requests from constituents across the business, including Engineering, Business Development, and vertically integrated OpCos
- Create freight cost quotes across multiple locations in coordination with freight agent network
- Create all preliminary and final shipping documents, coordinating with the warehouse network, Finance, Business development, and other departments as needed
- Coordinate with Zola shipping agent network to execute all shipments required for all business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Coordinate directly with customer shipping agents to create or correct documentation
- Coordinate the set up of distribution clients with all resources needed to conduct shipping (PVOC registration, agent contacts, etc.)
- Avoid all unnecessary fees for the import / export of inventory
- Manage the proper clearing of products at international ports, where necessary
- Optimize transportation mode usage and resultant costs
- Maintain all Group Courier (DHL / UPS / FedEx) accounts in coordination with Finance
- Maintain PVOC registrations for all Group shipment locations
Forecasting and Supplier Inventory Management:
- Coordinate and maintain a current forecast for all inventory based on current usage forecasts from all sources (engineering / Business development / VI markets)
- Where necessary to pre-purchase materials or manage supply, provide necessary forecasts to suppliers for products in their purview
- Manage the inventory that strategic ZOLA Electric suppliers have purchased on behalf of Zola
- Manage inventory that Zola has in consignment with all suppliers
- Align with leadership on need for future orders and create POs that are necessary to maintain inventory required for operations
Contract Manufacturing Coordination:
- Serve as primary point of contact for our contract manufacturer(s)
- Understand and communicate on build scheduling to all relevant executive stakeholders
- Coordinate with the contract manufacturer on inventory levels being held on behalf of Zola
- Release forecasts to the contract manufacturer, as necessary
- Coordinate between engineering and the contract manufacturer where production parts EOL and need to be requalified
Warehouse and Kitting Management:
- ZOLA ElectricDetermine the optimal number, size and location(s) of facilities such as distribution centers, cross docks, etc. (i.e. Network layout and Management)
- Evaluate, select, and negotiate terms and conditions with warehouse providers
- Ensure the security of product throughout the warehouse network
- Manage the accuracy of inventory listed in the ERP systems for Group warehouses (NetSuite)
- Promote and manage best practices for warehousing for Group warehouses
- Provide input on warehousing and distribution strategy for future business models
- Ensure the security of product throughout the warehouse network
- Develop the Group annual and monthly procurement framework that will be used to effectively plan for the procurement of goods and services with a focus on: Timely delivery of goods and services, obtaining the best value for money, utilizing buying power leverage
- Identify deviations and make recommendations to address supplier price or term deviations through consultation with the relevant parties
- Create and maintain procurement documentation for Group in consultation with Finance and Controls
- Advise internal customers on the appropriate procurement process to be followed
- Lead the tender process in adherence to the Group Procurement Policy
- Manage vendor relationships, including supplier performance to SLA and billing to contract
- Establish and maintain preferred vendors and negotiated rates for all high volume and high-value products in all markets
- Input into the development of the annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
- Monitor the operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances to clarify over or under-spend
- Authorize expenses as per delegation of authority
- Create, maintain, and implement i ZOLA Electricnventory financial control mechanisms incoordination with Group Finance
- Participate in regular cross-functional meetings and monthly performance meetings to discuss departmental performance and to highlight matters of concern
- Manage relationships with logistics service providers
- Coordinate with other departments internally as needed to achieve job activities
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders in an effective and aligned manner
- Manage the recruitment of own team in collaboration with Human Capital Department
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Manage the development of staff to ensure the team receive adequate and relevant training to support career development
- Input into the development of succession plans for the supply chain functions.
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports and the team to foster personal growth and teamwork
- Always manage the administration of documentation to ensure availability and ease of retrieval
- B.Sc Degree in Business Administration or Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience defining and driving a manufacturing strategy (including metric definition and alternative testing methodologies)
- Experience with outsourced manufacturing, supplier qualification and quality engineering mix, low volume products
- Proficient in managing a global supply chain with expertise in low cost geographies, specifically in Africa
- Experience in procurement and vendor relationship management
Managerial and Technical Competencies:
- Relationship management skills
- Extensive analytical skills (to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions)
- Experience with data-driven management, KPI development and implementation
- Basic technical knowledge of solar modules, batteries, energy storage, consumer electronics and LEDs
- Experience in implementing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Financial modelling and budget management skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Quality focused
- Team Player
- Required to travel globally
- Willing to work extended hours.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ZOLA Electric is an equal opportunity employer.