CCETC Ogua Energy Limited (COEL) is an Operations and Maintenance (O & M) company affiliated to CCETC China. COEL is a new company with over a decade specialization in the generation of clean energy and power, gas manufacturing and fuel generating sets power plant investment. COEL will be adhering to the “heritage, innovation, value” concept, continue to create value to our customers. Our development goal is to become the world’s leading clean power provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Linesman
Location: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- A lineman is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Additionally, a lineman is expected to dig trenches for the installation of underground lines, install meters, climb poles to repair overhead lines and inspect power lines for possible repair or replacement.
- Interested applicants MUST possess tertiary education in Electrical Engineering or related fields and MUST possess a minimum of 2 years working experience with a power distribution company working in a similar role.
- Maintain knowledge of and implement safety procedures at all times
- Safely and accurately prepares work sites with labels, markings, warning signs and secures areas
- Operate diggers, bucket trucks, hand tools near and around electrical distribution lines
- Locate underground and or above ground electric cable faults for repair
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Install primary and secondary overhead and underground electrical systems
- Conduct work outdoors in various types of weather
- Follow all safety protocols and procedure on site and off site
- Troubleshoot, rebuild and repair any damaged lines, fixtures or equipment both above and underground
- Tree and bush trimming or removal from highways or near utility lines
- Understand and follow proper switching procedures
- Have knowledge and maintenance of substation equipment
- Repair, rewire and tap changing to transformers
- Proper knowledge of fuse sizing to protect the transformer and power lines.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.