Akinsoji Richards & Associate is a reputable and dynamic legal firm in Lagos, Nigeria and it specialises in corporate and property law.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Practice Lead
Location: Ejigbo / Isolo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role is based in Ejigbo, Lagos state, and will require someone who resides (locally) at most 3 miles radius of Isolo, Lagos. Furthermore, it involves regular visits to various clients’ sites.
- The primary purpose of this role will be to assist the CEO with the day-to-day running of the practice and management of clients’ portfolios.
- Regular visits to clients’ sites and to courts
- Creating new client files and completing file opening procedures
- Developing agreements & contracts, managing policies and communications with regards to the Practice
- Perform Legal research, draft legal documents and follow up on court proceedings and filings
- Maintaining office records relating to client’s portfolios, contracts with clients & vendors meetings, policies, procedures, regulations, budgets, tax, archives, and other documents
- Managing client’s appointments, calls, attending to clients, office email, and website
- Processing documentation and contract approvals with external organisations
- Ordering and managing stationery and other supplies required for day to day use in the office
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors
- Basic IT troubleshooting and liaising with IT vendors
- Managing the office environment.
Identifying relevant legislation / regulations that applies to the practice and ensuring compliance by implementing relevant policies and procedures appropriate to:
- Human relations
- Due diligence
- Data protection
- Health and safety
- Legal services regulatory law
- Practice certificate / document renewals.
- Administering and compiling reports on clients’ feedback relating to client’s experience and marketing efforts
- Developing a marketing plan with authorisation from the CEO
- Performing administrative duties relating to marketing such as placing advertisements, drafting, and sending out newsletters and updates to the website and social media platforms.
- The accounts administration of the law office including record-keeping, billing, banking duties, processing payments invoices & receipts
- Keeping records and files of tax transactions relating to Withholding tax (WHT), Value Added Tax returns (VAT), and employee tax (PAYEE)
- Working with accountants to provide documentation and information required for the purpose of completing annual accounts and returns
Human Resource Administration:
- Supervising junior support staff
- Keeping records relating to practice staff, training, and dealing with other employee matters
- Liaising with recruitment agents, placing recruitment advertisements, reviewing job applications, and organising and attending interviews.
- Other duties as required by the CEO.
- The Applicant for this position must have been a Lawyer duly called to Bar with a minimum of 3 (three) years post-call experience directly related to the set skills listed below.
- Experience in a law firm in any professional capacity preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
For this role, the individual must be:
- Energetic, diligent, and resilient.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Agile, and committed to continuous improvement
- Able to work both independently and with others.
- Familiar with legal and business environments.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent in researching, writing, and reporting skills.
- Information technology (IT) savvy and skilled in Microsoft office
- Strong in business development and marketing tactics
- Knowledgeable in litigation and property law
- Conversant with basic budgeting.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume along with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The cover letter should include why you are suited for the role.