Datatflex is a leading IT Solutions and Services Company operating in Nnigeria for over three decades now. Over the years, we have evolved to ecome an organisation driven by the desire to offer Solutions to meet client requirements through strategic partnership with world class technology partgners. We collaborate to deliver exceptional customer experience to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Dataflex Nigeria Limited is currently seeking to hire a Legal Officer who will provide overall legal expertise and support on legal issues relating to the functions, structures and activities of the organization and support management on issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework and monitor compliance with legal and regulatory corporate governance requirements.
- A graduate Degree in Law (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Good research skills.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Advising the organization on all legal matters that may arise in its operations;
- Drawing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Following up on cases filed against the organization and preparation of legal reports and opinions;
- Undertaking legal research;
- Liaising with external lawyers and the state law office on all cases filed against the organization to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accord with the existing legislation;
- Advising the organization on the legislation that affect the organization and changes made thereof;
- Monitoring compliance with legal and statutory requirements of the organization;
- Carry out any other duties relating to laws of the country or the organization generally as may be directed by the Managing Director.
Why Work With us?
- As a team member at Dataflex, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission and to significantly advance your career trajectory.
- We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
- Come work with a company that offers very competitive salary and benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders. Be a part of a team of people who value you and challenge you.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the positions to: email@example.com using “Legal Officer” as the subject of the mail.