Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Grade Level: Assistant Manager
- Responsible for rendering assistance to the Head, Legal & Company Secretary in ensuring the highest level of corporate governance within the Group, providing quality legal solutions and minimizing business liabilities, exposure and interruption arising from non-compliance with regulations.
- Assist in pre-and post- meeting activities for the Board and the group
- Maintenance of a checklist of regulatory filings
- Maintenance of statutory and other related records including register of members, directors, share register for each company within the group
- Conducting legal research and constant monitoring of legal and regulatory change
- Dealing with correspondence, collation of information and preparation of reports
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigations
- Assisting in contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filling of completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Preparation of board resolutions and extract of minutes, schedule of meetings etc.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Company Secretariat and Legal Services Department
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA)
- Provide other administrative and secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years post-call with experience either in general law practice or corporate law practice
- A minimum of second class lower division in both law school and university degrees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage numerous projects and priorities at once
- Positive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Basic computer skills and excellent phone disposition
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Good research skills.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.