Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Last Mile Regional Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Services – Logistics – Lastmile
- As Last Mile Regional Manager based in Port Harcourt Hub, you will be responsible to manage hubs within your scope of region with a key focus to improve operational excellence in the handling and delivery of packages to meet the required SLA.
- You will play an active role in the monitoring and tracking of queues performance and ensure to push where required for the timely delivery of packages by effective management of Hubs, Dispatch, and Reverse logistics
- Queue monitoring: Responsible for the monitoring of queues in the delivery chain by tracking movement of packages in the operations management systems to ensure timely and efficient movement of packages.
- Push back when required on responsible parties in the delivery chain (network, dispatch, reverse logics) to ensure smooth flow of the delivery is carried out within the agreed SLA.
- Track the performance of queues and share daily reports with the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform a deep-dive into delivery analytics to identify trends, challenges, and problem-solve to improve the overall delivery and efficiency of the process and responsible for effecting those changes.
- People Management: Responsible for managing the hub associates, share knowledge to improve skills, identify strong links in the team to ensure they grow to new challenging tasks, and weak links to provide couching and support to upskill the team.
Jumia NigeriaJumia NigeriaQualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Excellent understanding of B2C supply chain.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Order Management processing and analysis.
- Able to process through complex order management systems.
- Good Knowledge of the Logistical Operations in the local market is a plus.
- Must have the ability to work independently and solve problems on orders by partnering with key stakeholders and analyzing the order file to make accurate decisions on execution.
- Able to follow defined processes and relay information to Specialists, Order Management partners as well to make day-to-day order management decisions regarding allocation and delivery of the product.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing DateJumia Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online