Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Department
Summary of Responsibilities
- Carry out phlebotomy service in the hospital.
- Accept samples, check labels and make entries into the log in computer.
- Provide some supervisory over sight to junior technicians.
- To check for adequate specimen as per test method given.
- To maintain safety and cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances.
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CMEs and quality improvement activities.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and polices / adherence to quality standard.
- This role is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to Laboratory Scientists in carrying out laboratory investigations on patients
Key Results Areas:
- Error rate (Missed samples, Missed results, incomplete results) – 5%
- Posting completeness – 100%
- Inventory stock out – Zero
- Patient injury during collection of samples – 5%
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards – 100%
- Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate
- Valid Practicing License
- At least 1 year experience.
- Phlebotomy Skills
- I-CARE attitude (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online