Neveah Limited is a leading commodities trading company essentially dealing in the export of solid minerals and agricultural products. The company was established in 2014 with five operational offices in different states and her head office in Abuja, Nigeria. Our services are centered around sourcing the finest, solid minerals and the healthiest agricultural products from the local market and exporting them to meet the demands of our customers at international markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Laboratory Analyst performs routine laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of solid materials for such purposes as quality control, process control, or product development by performing the following duties.
- Performs routine laboratory testing, following relevant company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and methods.
- Prepares a representative subsample from client sample that meets specific requirements using defined methods (Dry, Crush, Pulverize, Pressure Filter, Mix, Riffle Split, etc.).
- Weighs and digest samples for analysis, using relevant equipment.
- May complete and maintain laboratory reports.
- Receives, sorts and logs client samples into the database, and prepares samples’ labels.
- Archives, returns, or disposes of client samples as per the established procedure.
- Prepares monthly composites.
- May performs daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Assurance/Quality Control checks on equipment.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and enforces a clean working environment.
- Performs general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Ensures all equipment and containers are organized and cleaned before and after use.
- Ensures all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for tasks is worn as required.
- Ensures compliance with all required local and federal safety processes and procedures.
- May also have preparation or field responsibilities, as required by business needs.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure to get familiar with standard analytical lab equipment used in the solid mineral industry- XRF, XRD.
- Update and calibrate lab analysis instrument daily.
- Familiar with Olympus delta handheld Analyser.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Chemical Engineering, Mineralogy, or any other related courses.
- 2 year(s) working experience as a Laboratory Analyst.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Language Skills: Intermediate English required, Advanced preferred.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic required, Intermediate preferred.
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required, uses a logical and practical approach to solve problems
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel) – Intermediate user proficiency preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in writing or verbally), presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work independently and under moderate supervision.
- Team player attitude, customer care focus.
- This job operates in a laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
- This role routinely uses sample prep equipment that may include Jaw Crusher, Bowl & Disc Pulverizing Mills, Pressure Filters, Riffle Splitters, Compressed Air.
- This role routinely uses laboratory equipment/instruments that may include Bottle-top Dispensers, Eppendorf Pipettes, Balances, Muffle Furnace, Sulfur Analyzer, Compressed gases, and ICP-OES as needed.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application in one PDF to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.