The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Associate
Employment Type: Full – Time
Job ID: R1665
- The IT Associate role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests.
- Setup and install new devices (Computers, Printers, Scanners e.t.c) according to MSH’s standard.
- Assist in the office network administration.
- Attend to incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Manager.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the supervisor)
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Send weekly status report and timesheet to supervisor.
- Carryout additional tasks issued out by the supervisor in line with the company business.
- University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- MCSE, N+ or A+ , CCNA (industry standard professional qualifications)
- Ability to work a switchboard
- Should be able to maintain confidential and private information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must possess a user first mentality
- Experience with Google Apps
- Exceptional motivation to learn on the job
- Extensive Windows, Mac and iOS or Android experience
- Experience with Python, Dart or GO is a plus
- Familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP is a plus
- Familiarity with Symatec Altiris is a plus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online