Westfield Consulting Limited – Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head, Internal Control
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements to the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Provide assistance in reviewing of monthly statement of Bank Account
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of periodic reports.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc. and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitor the status of budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND or B.Sc. in Accounting or other related discipline.
- 0 – 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of banking best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.