An Indigenous Midstream Gas Processing Company is recruiting a qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Head Office in Lagos with Plant and Base Operations in Delta
- Reporting to the Managing Director and AAC, this is a key role in managing and evaluating the internal control and risk environment in the organization.
- The role is focused on delivery, planning work, and supervising to ensure that all risk assessment and audit is carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- This includes assessing audit procedures and work programs, improving internal audit documentation, performing risk assessments, preparing summary reports, and briefing and training all staff on Company’s risk strategies and Initiatives
- Work with the Board and Executive Management to establish and quantify the Company’s Risk Appetite
- Plan design, establish and monitor risk management policies and procedures in line with the agreed risk profile and manage the overall design and assessment of controls to limit the Company’s exposure.
- Evaluate control efficiency and effectiveness and provide Management and the Board assurance that the controls in place are adequate to respond to the company’s identified risks
- Assist management, as needed, in the update and maintenance of control documentation (narratives / flowcharts).
- Identify evaluate, and manage the Company’s exposures to accidental loss, fraud, or other systems of loss.
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes
- Report on results to Management and other stakeholders as needed
- Plan, execute, and report results of financial, compliance, and operational audits.
- Examine the reliability and integrity of the company’s financial and operational information and ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Resolve issues with management and follow up on action plans and recommendations
- Develop and implement the business’ key risk management processes and systems
- Provide support education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Company
- Liaise with external auditors and other staff to conduct assurance audits and appropriately communicate outcomes to all the Company’s stakeholders.
- Provide support to all department and unit heads to manage and report risks
- Oversee the execution of ad-hoc risk analysis projects.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or another related field from a reputable Higher Institution
- A relevant Post-graduate Degree MBA M.Sc, etc) is an added advantage.
- Certified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) professional qualifications are mandatory and any other relevant professional qualifications.
- 10 years in a related field.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Good understanding of the global and local oil & gas and energy industry.
- Good knowledge of internal audit procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in risk-based audit, internal financial control processes, governance
- Framework, and enterprise-wide risk management.
- Effective project management interpersonal and influencing skills are essential
- Professional, enthusiastic attitude, team player.
- Excellent communication, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good business and common sense.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their academic qualifications and recent CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.