Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- The HR Officer will carry out a wide variety of HR (core), administrative and finance functions including but not limited to talent management, benefits administration, employee relations, consultancy management services and HRIS management.
- This position will work closely with Operations staff (HR, IT, Finance and Admin teams) as well as relevant Program Technical Leads.
- S/he will also have close working relationship with staff in state offices as well as BA-N consultants and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the role summary above described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties will be assigned.
- Carry out end-to-end talent acquisition activities (e.g., posting new VAs, sorting CVs, interviewing, reference checks, preparing new hire paper works’ etc.)
- Together with the HR Assistant, ensure all new hires are properly onboarded (including attending an orientation programs).
- Assist to review staff manual and other operational documents from time to time to ensure a more efficient work process.
- Provide end-to-end local independent consultancy management services (advertisement, selection, contract preparation, contract extension/revision or modification, invoice processing etc.)
- Manage 3rd party relationships (e.g., relations with consultants/vendors) to ensure any form of friction is reduced to the barest minimum – escalate issues where necessary.
- Together with other members of the HR team, ensure BA-N staff and Partners adhere to JHU-CCP & USAID HR and Consultancy (Operations) compliance requirements.
- Manage BA-N Independent Consultancy Database – ensure all required consultancy information are inputted promptly and tracked appropriately.
- Together with other HR team members, input relevant staff information into the HRIS/ERP as required.
- In collaboration with relevant state teams, manage the BA-N Community Volunteer & LGA Supervisor contract lifecycle (i.e., hiring, replacement, payment, contract/benefit revisions, exits etc.)
- Draft and coordinate relevant employee communication, letters and updates.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues including conflicts, grievances etc.
- Interpret, review and provide guidance/advice to employees on HR and Consultancy Management processes, procedures and policies.
- Support the SHRO to coordinate the implementation of staff development plans and management of annual performance review (APRs).
- Ensure all HR Audit topics are covered and conclude all HR Audit findings.
- Represent HR in strategic meetings in the absence of the SHRO.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position has no supervisory requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years HR and Independent Consultancy Management donor-funded project experience (especially USAID) is essential for this role.
- Experience working with an HRIS/HR Software/ERP is required for this role.
- Hands-on knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law is compulsory for this role.
- Membership of a relevant HR body/institute such as the CIPMN, SHRM plus relevant certifications from the institutes is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting/finance is essential for this position.
- Customer-service orientation skills, with the motivation and ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Excellent attention to detail is required for this role.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and customer-service orientation skills is a MUST for this position.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and fast-paced environment is essential to be successful in the role.
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of a major Nigerian language (especially Hausa) is a plus but not required.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and the location as the subject of the mail. e.g., “Human Resources Officer Abuja”.