Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is a Nigerian logistics and supply servicing company. For over 20 years they have carried on the Oil and Gas business in the West African Oil and Gas/ Maritime Industry. Today, they are renowned marine-support service providers, specializing in providing security/surveillance vessels.
They require the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
- The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the administration and delivery of professional Human Resources services, supporting the company operations.
- This person will serve as the HR leader in the development and implementation of HR services and practices to assure consistent and positive employee relations.
- HR services include the administration of strategic initiatives, company policies, employee relations, hourly and salary staffing/selection, retention, change management, employment law, leadership development, benefits and compensation, talent management, workforce planning, contractor management, special projects, and diversity, engagement and inclusion efforts.
- Executes HR projects and initiatives in support of HR and business operations objectives.
- Ensures that HR performance effectively supports the achievement of business objectives
- Evaluate employee retention and engagement trends and provide solutions to deliver effective organizational performance.s
- Administration of company benefit programs
- Coaches and supports leadership in the development and execution of talent management programs such as effective goal management, performance management, succession planning, career and talent development at all levels of the organization
- Coach’s managers on how to effectively manage a team and individual performance
- Recruits top talent following current labour law guidelines for all positions utilizing available resources to maintain an effective workforce. Partner with recruiting team to ensure sourcing of top talent and achievement of recruiting metrics
- Coordination of regular orientation and onboarding processes for all hourly and salary new hires. Assist with the development of processes that improve the new hire experience and leads to improved integration and contributions to the business
- Supports HR and Operations with a recruiting process such as planning and attending job fairs and managing the candidate screening and offer process
- Captures voice of the employee and drive effective change to improve the employment experience
- Assesses and evaluates turnover trends. Develop effective solutions to ensure that turnover is held to an acceptable level
- Manages employee relation issues and support a positive employee culture, partners with operations to manage in a mostly non-union environment
- Coordinates and interpret all company policies to assure consistent application and equitable employee relations
- Strong knowledge of Oil and Gas, Maritime laws, and regulations.
- Documents, reviews and recommends action plans for compliance with all applicable federal and state laws including compliance
- Ability to develop and engage as part of a strong nationwide HR team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business related field
- 8+ years of HR experience in a human resource generalist role, including 2+ years in a management position
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or business-related field
- Change Management experience
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to lead and work through others, effective delegation skills
- Must be responsive and have excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent computer skills must have strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Metrics and data-driven. Must be able to interpret and speak with data.
- Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.