Eclat HR Consulting Limited – Our client, a Furniture Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Executive
Location: Dawaki, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Human Resources / Admin
Report To: Managing Director
We seek a Human Resource Executive who can deliver or is willing to learn how to deliver on the following:
- Represent the company in management-employee relations while supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and system.
- Responsible for organizing, directing, and controlling the workers in all departments to ensure that work is been carried out effectively and efficiently and achieve a high level of integrity of character such as good teamwork, cooperation, coordination, honesty and dedication to duty.
- Provide counselling on application of policies and procedures. Ensure that the workers do their jobs as instructed and comply with the policies of the company.
- Ensure that workers who fail to do their job or are not in compliance to the company policies are disciplined as stipulated in the company’s HR manual or as generally accepted in cases that are not covered by the manual.
- Provide daily advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, etc.
- Prepare, provide, and report information on data such as staff turnover, cost per hire, references, training hours per person, performance appraisal metrics etc.
- Develop, implement, and review HR strategies to ensure that it is in line with the business of the company and to ensure it gives support to the strategic business unit of the company. The strategies must be flexible to cope with change when it occurs.
- Responsible for the planning of leave for employees as at when due, the replacement of employees on leave and resource planning of employees re-joining from leave of any form either maternity, paternity, sick leave etc.
- Responsible for conducting training needs analysis and designs. Implement these designs with input from other department heads and control budget allocated.
- Monitor staff performance and ensure all employees receive appraisal in accordance with company policy and probationary periods.
- Responsible for coordinating recruitment for the company through the management recruitment team. Supervise the process, interviews and senior hires when necessary. Be actively involved in recruitment and selection process. Preparing all necessary tools for this activity. In all, managing the entire process from start to finish.
- Ensure that all job descriptions are up to date and create new ones when necessary.
- Monitor and deal with performance or grievance issue in a legally complaint and professional way while remaining within ethical bounds.
- Responsible for reviewing staff salaries and consulting with other department heads for pay increase where necessary. Implementing these reviews and promotions where necessary.
- Support other departments and maintain succession plan for the respective departments.
- Payroll management, administration of staff benefits and perks and ensure it is accurate and done on time.
- Creating and implementing effective onboarding plans.
- Management of all employee records according to organizational policy and legal requirements.
- Coordinating effective communication and the disbursement of information as at when due using all appropriate channels with the organization.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Developing of all working templates in conjunction with other department heads to ease workflow and easy comprehension of processes and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
Education and Work Experience
- B.Sc. in Business Management, Human Resource Management, Economics, Accounting, or related fields.
- Must have an M.Sc / MBA in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 5 years proven working experience in human resource management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the furniture industry.
- Certifications from CIPM, CIPD, PHRi will be an added advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations.
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions. Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resource planning, reporting structures and relationships.
- The ability to inspire confidence of top executives through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Ability to create a balance between management goals and employee interests.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.