Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Finance Assistant
Contract Period: Definite (4 Months)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project Human Resources, according to administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up to date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assist the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Must possess a First Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or any related field
- Experience: Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Languages : English, Hausa, Fulani essential
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Competencies: Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
20th April 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, including Cover Letter, Resume and Copy of relevant certificates to: email@example.com using “Application for HR / Finance Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Send Hard Copies to: CV BOX – De Blue Guest Inn warehouse.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.