Moni is building simple solutions in a world where financial inclusion is a complex dream has changed not only the lives of mobile money agents but ours also. We can no longer imagine a world where mobile money agents do not have access to float based on social reputation and trust. Our community model is altering the current lending infrastructure and as trendsetters, we aren’t stopping. Working at Moni is like walking a runway – fast paced, thrilling, showcasing a masterpiece and filled with applause. We have a thing for creative, smart, fun and contrarian rebels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Strategy and Operations
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a Head of Strategy and Operations to join Moni Africa to drive strategic planning, facilitate execution, oversee finance, and manage our operations – all in the context of aggressively and efficiently growing our business.
- As the Head of Strategy and Operations at Moni, you’ll collaborate with the Co-founders, and stakeholders in other key organizations to help develop and manage the growth organization growth plan.
- You’ll have the opportunity to touch every part of the business, map out all of the business drivers, and help drive execution across all parts of Moni’s business. You’ll contribute actively to and facilitate strategic and growth planning, including modeling scenarios and tracking results.
- You’ll be deeply involved in setting the company’s direction and ensuring that we’re working effectively to exceed our financial goals. You’ll help ensure that the organization is hitting its financial plan and will guide decision making related to spending and scaling our operations.
- You will drive highly visible strategic projects, working cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- You will drive the operational cadence for the group, measure and track critical KPIs and initiatives, and present to an executive leadership audience
- You will develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- You will uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- You will provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required
- You will work with cross-functional team (product/eng, marketing, sales, customer success, engineering, support, IT) to execute on growth opportunities and manage across the company
- You will own and be responsible for managing change across many initiatives essential to operationalizing Moni’sl goals and vision
- You will help create 2-3 year operational roadmaps for the different businesses/products
- You will oversee all financial aspects of Moni, with a focus on planning, tracking and reporting against the company’s financial plan.
- You will help implement evidence-based decision making, apply thoughtful analytics to business opportunities, and identify success metrics / develop reporting to track progress against goals
- You will help manage the administrative aspects of Moni operations.
- BA / B.Sc required. MA/MBA a bonus.
- Extensive experience with strategy development and financial planning and modeling.
- Extensive experience in banking, venture capital, corp dev, fin ops or related fields that provide core strategy development and finance skills.
- 10+ years experience with a mix of strategy, business operations in a technology company or top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy field with strong exposure to technology.
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success.
- Strong leadership, analytical and financial skills to solve complex business problems.
- People development and influencing skills; able to build and lead strong teams
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- Strong client management skills with Executive Level communication experience
- Experience in growing and scaling businesses– either in a startup or big company context.
- A developed ability to drive growth strategies and measure success based on data and analysis; Strong domain expertise banking business models and sales organization
- History of operational excellence, exceptional analytical skills and execution abilities.
- Non-political, get-it-done attitude and approach.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What it Takes to Succeed in the Role:
- You’re a critical thinker and possess great problem-solving skills
- You’re a great team player.
- You demonstrate good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are personable, enjoy meeting new people and sharing ideas.
- You are interested in using technology to solve problems.
- You’re passionate about doing meaningful work that has an impact on underserved Communities.
- You’re enthusiastic about relating with people from a diverse set of cultures
- You’re happy to get your hands and feet dirty to get the work done!
- You enjoy travelling and being on your feet.
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance
- The opportunity to work at a YC backed Startup
- A team that’s invested in your growth
- Fully remote role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online