TalentSquare – Our client is a tier one, industry leader in the Manufacturing and Retail sector, that has built a reputation for product quality and service – responsible for several industry firsts and carving out a niche in the fashion retail marketplace.
The company is on a mission to build a global brand. With a distinguished reputation of over 15 years and a new commitment to meet the demand for local production, the company is seeking “mission-oriented” talents that would understand the stakes and contribute to the company’s agile strategy.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, People
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- The Head of People is responsible for driving and supporting human capital strategy and high-value HR processes through all units of the organization. This includes aligning business objectives with employee management objectives within the assigned workgroup or departments.
- This position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The candidate is also responsible for providing effective employee relations and service to employees by utilizing excellent problem solving and relationship skills, an in-depth knowledge of human resources generalist concerns, an expertise in policies and procedures, operational leadership skills, and knowledge of company products and services.
- In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for management and team leaders, maintaining a close connection to the business always.
- You will also develop and execute HR strategy in support of the client’s business objectives, providing expertise and guidance in the areas of culture and change management, strategic coaching, talent assessment and development, succession planning, and performance management.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other Senior HR Executive role.
- Understand how to implement effective performance management systems – assess competency and culture fits in employee
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online