Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriSeedco and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Security
Employment Type: Full-time
Subsidiary: Saro Oil Palm.
- Support the achievement of company operational targets with the strict minimum number of security incidents.
- Organize and supervise the teams of Security Guards, with the assistance of his Security Supervisors, in order to ensure a peaceful operation at all times on the Estates.
- Maintain, in cooperation with the Workshop Manager, a fleet of vehicles commensurate to the needs of the task, and issue documented recommendations with regards to additional or different equipment requirements.
- Keeps a constant working relationship with local law enforcement agencies (Police, Mobile Police , Army, DSS) to get their full support if the need arises.
- Keep an updated planning of all Security activities, including trainings, patrols, staff hires and layoffs, to keep the Security Department optimally dimensioned with the Company operations.
- Report regularly to the Managing Director, Agric Director, Technical Director and all other Heads of Departments about past, ongoing and planned activities, and flag all existing or potential issues, with proposed solutions. Support and assist Agric Director and ESG teams in the implementation of all environmental and health and safety initiatives
- Strictly abide to the highest standards in Security Management, in full compliance with:
- IFC Performance Standards 4 guidelines:
- Handbook on the Use of Security Forces in Private Sector Projects
- Risk Assessments
- Security Management Plans
- Contracting with Private Security
- Engaging with Public Security Forces
- Assist with reporting against targets and KPIs to the Managing Director to assess and improve business performance.
- Relevant professional experience in a similar role and environment; Past experience in law enforcement agencies is an advantage
- Good knowledge and experience (min 5 years) about security operations in a large scale agro-industrial projects in West Africa
- Management/ supervisory skills and experience of managing security teams is essential
- English language essential. Knowledge of local languages an advantage
- Results focussed with the resilience to deliver in a challenging environment
- Ability to withstand extreme pressure / high intensity situations calmly, whilst always keeping self-control and restrain
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross cultural environment
- Very strong team leadership skills, and utmost sense of integrity and human respect.
- Basic IT skills.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is intended for Saro Oil Palm.