Dream Catchers Academy for girls is a free boarding, educational, creative / performing arts academy for orphaned / indigent girls in Nigeria. We are using Arts Education and Sustainable Education to create world Leaders and Arts Ambassadors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of School
Location: Elepe – Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan, organize, direct, manage, supervise academic programs for the pupils and facilitate positive relations among school staff, parents, and visitors.
- This position requires strong supervisory, leadership, management, and communication skills along with a warm and nurturing disposition, ad considering the peculiarity of the academy, the Head of School needs to play a motherly role to the girls.
- Must have a sound knowledge of the school’s curriculum and the performing arts program implemented by the school
- This position reports directly to the Head of Operations who reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
Program / Curriculum Development:
- Maintain, develop, or modify curriculum to meet the needs of children enrolled in the school and remain current with development in the field.
- Oversee all the school staff in administering, planning, and evaluating activities and lesson plans that promote developmentally – appropriate learning.
- Train and supervise the school staff by holding regular meetings, mediating minor disagreements, and assisting the classroom when necessary.
- Plan, organise and promote professional development training in conjunction with the teachers.
- Organise regular staff meetings to address issues in the school with reference to academics and the children.
- Regularly monitor staff performance for performance improvement and development in their teaching.
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the teachers and work with staff to ensure high performance.
- Conduct school staff Performance Evaluation/Appraisal in conjunction with the Head of Operations.
- Arrange for substitute help for the school staff (and serve as a substitute as needed).
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring recommendation process for teachers.
- Primary responsibility for handling day-to-day administration of the school (Subject to the school’s Employee Handbook), including determination of all schedules, assignments of school staff responsibilities and utilization of official classroom space and resources.
- Plan and implement health and safety programs including emergency procedures, facility, and equipment safety along with the Head of Operations.
- Keep and maintain records pertaining to the administration and operation of the school.
- Ensure the school lunch is properly supervised and report expectations from the food vendors.
- Ensure newsletters are produced and sent to parents promptly.
Leadership and Staff Development:
- Train and mentor staff on relevant professional areas.
- Work at creating the right school climate that is conducive for productivity
- Serve as a role model for the staff to emulate.
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor of Education
- 3 – 6 years of work experience.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.