Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, an American-based company is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. The mission is to make bitcoin/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Cyber Crime (Crypto / FinTech)
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Job Type: Full Time
- Are you experienced Head of Cyber Crime (FinTech/Crypto) looking to get insight into the world of Fintech? Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space.
- Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all. Whilst driving business through technology.
- Investigate suspicious activity and when appropriate refer cases to law enforcement.
- Review information forwarded to Global Intelligence from Information Security, Compliance and Fraud/Risk teams for potential case development.
- Review information sent to us by law enforcement and other agencies to determine if there is an opportunity to develop a case.
- When necessary serve in an advisory role to management in relation to suspected criminal activity or to develop information with informational/intelligence value.
- Review, log, and respond to legal requests for information from Law Enforcement.
- Provide briefings to senior leadership on investigative work and team performance metrics.
- Collaborate on cross function initiatives to implement control measures related to financial crime.
- Lead Law Enforcement requests, investigations and responses to law enforcement/regulatory bodies.
- Brand and reputational risk investigations.
- Conduct complex and deep dive investigations of sophisticated criminals and criminal enterprises.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct ad-hoc investigations.
- Work with cross-functional teams across our client for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations.
- B.A. or B.Sc degree or equivalent legal compliance (law enforcement) work experience.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Ability to speak Arabic beneficial.
- Prior experience investigating cybercrime/financial crimes, particularly for other financial or tech companies.
- A working knowledge of international law (especially U.S. law) and Africa enforcement agencies, especially those operating within the crypto space.
- A Working knowledge of cybercrime and financial crime types (especially FinTech crimes).
- Experience responding to subpoenas and other law enforcement requests for information.
- Ability to deal with an emerging regulatory environment.
- Must have the ability to operate independently when required and be highly self motivated.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Well versed in Cryptocurrency analytics and research.
- Diverse experience investigating cybercrime.
- Deep connections in banking or law enforcement.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Looker, Snowflake, and SQL.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only CVs in English will be considered.