Stockgap Fuels Limited is a leading indigenous downstream oil and gas company in Nigeria. As a result of expansion and new business opportunities, we seek immediate employment of professionals with cognate years of experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources and Administration
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- To oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the HR and Administration strategy department and develop a responsive strategy that facilitates organisational development to support the achievement of key corporate objectives.
- To deliver effective and efficient HR and Administration services in all areas of people management and workforce development with focus on key differentiating capabilities.
- To provide professional HR advice and guidance on all aspects of people management.
- To ensure that the group and its businesses have the right mix of talent that are effectively deployed, managed, rewarded, and engaged in a cost-effective and sustainable manner to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation and upgrading of comprehensive people management strategy and plans while ensuring alignment with the company’s business strategy and key business objectives
- Oversee the continuous deployment of company-wide Performance Management framework in line with Best Practice in order to accurately measure staff performance
- Liaise continuously with Heads of other Departments to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all employees and ensure measurable targets are set annually
- Supervise the execution of the quarterly performance appraisals to measure individual performance against set targets for all staff and generate necessary reports
- Direct and is accountable for all matters concerning employment legislation and contract issues to ensure that company liabilities are managed in compliance with relevant laws
- Liaise with divisional heads and line management to determine key performance requirements, develop people within the business units, ensure delivery of prioritised, tailored and focused HR interventions that add value and meet business objectives
- Communicate human capital strategy and operating plan to business units and other functional areas to ensure understanding and commitment
- Provide strong functional leadership to enable effective delivery of HR strategy across the business
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the company’s people development and training strategies, plans to ensure identified needs are addressed with appropriate interventions
- Develop and provide guidance to Company’s Executive Management in the implementation of effective succession planning system and supporting processes; and ensure consistent supply of competent staff to fill jobs at senior management level and other positions across the business
- Direct and motivate HR function staff in delivering the people management mandate in line with key deliverables specified in service level agreements (SLAs)
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of Human Capital policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process to ensure that the organisation is adequately staffed by qualified and highly motivated personnel
- Sets standards for the development, implementation and monitoring of the Company’s Succession/ plan, manpower and career development policy
- Review and report HR Function achievement against key performance targets
- Define and maintain a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support company strategy
- Facilitate the achievement of industrial peace and harmony within the organization
- Ensure proper human resource information management
Qualifications, Experiences and Skills
- Higher Institution Degree (University or Polytechnics) in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)), Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- A relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. MSc in HRM, Management with HR focus or MBA).
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in a similar organization, 5 out of which must have been in senior or managerial role
- Corporate and HR planning, Strategy, and implementation
- Organisational design and development
- Communication (Written, Verbal, Presentation)
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Change management
- Learning and Development
- Performance and Career management
- Relationship management
- Reward management
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- Labour & industrial relations management
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: email@example.com using “Head, HR & Admin” as the subject of the email.