IoD Centre for Corporate Governance became a legal entity on 17th May, 2006. It is a collaborative project of three partners namely: Institute of Directors Nigeria, an affiliate of the Institute of Directors, United Kingdom and Member of the African Corporate Governance Network, the premier organization in Nigeria responsible for director development, the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the regulatory authority for the Nigerian Capital Market and the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the sole agency of government responsible for registration of companies in Nigeria. IoD Centre for Corporate Governance is a registered non-profit organization committed to improving and promoting good corporate governance principles, standards and practices in Nigeria through advocacy, research, high quality trainings and Corporate Governance consulting mandates.
The Centre is at the forefront of advocating the application of leading practices by private and public organisations, thereby contributing to, and advancing best and leading practices and culture of good Corporate Governance. IoDCCG is an Affiliate Member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN) and is authorized to use ACGN’s Logo in that regard. The Centre is in collaboration with Centre for International Private Enterprise, (CIPE) Washington, USA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Governance (CG) Advisory, Research & Publications
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: The Chief Executive Officer, CEO
- The Head, CG Advisory, Research & Publications will be responsible for developing content for the Centre’s Corporate Governance services.
- Providing sustainable high-quality research, securing research funding and turning-in regular publications that contribute to the Centre’s objectives of advocacy, inculcation and acculturation of core principles of good corporate governance in Nigeria.
- The person will also double as the Board Secretary.
Duties and activity expectations include but are not limited ability to:
- Conceptualise, undertake and publish policy-relevant research on training/development and Corporate Governance, Ethics, Anti-corruption compliance, Regulations and other related issues.
- Develop and market contents for the Centre’s various Corporate Governance Services i.e. Board Induction, Board Evaluation and Corporate Governance Evaluation, Corporate Governance Framework/Audit, etc.
- Work with the Head, Programmes and Membership to conceptualise Workshops/Trainings/Courses/Certifications as Research may inform as well as Corporate Governance Research and Publications for the benefits of the Centre and its stakeholders especially its members.
- Provide full Board support to the Centre’s Board of Governors including Annual General Meetings (AGM’s), creation of Agenda, collation and distribution of Board packs, Management of Board Meetings including, producing detailed Board Minutes etc.
- Participate in the development of the Corporate Governance Policies and Procedures Framework.
- Build the Centre’s reputation as a source of credible research and evidence-based advocacy in Corporate Governance and related fields.
- Seek and nurture collaborations with Private Sector/International Organisations for Research and forum.
- Develop concept notes to aid in sourcing Research grants.
- Quarterly publications, Board Governance Series, Corporate Governance Journals, special sectoral reports, magazines and newsletters.
- Conceptualise and develop the Centre’s Library (Including e-library), seek book and resource donations by foreign and/or local organisation/publishers.
- Develop and drive the Centre’s e-platforms and its e-publications.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Data Analyst, Finance, Accounting, Law or other relevant fields. Professional certification and second degree will be an added advantage.
- 6 – 10 years experience.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of Corporate Governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools and computer systems.
- Good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS office and program management and development of software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Ability to initiate/develop research and training ideas and write convincing proposals.
- Strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a written Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
IoD Centre for Corporate Governance,
Ikoyi, Lagos State.