Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a trusted provider of secure & innovative Digital Payment Products and Solutions in the Financial Technology industry, is currently recruiting to fill the below:
Job Title: Head, Agency Banking & VAS
Employment Type: Full time
- To effectively develop and grow the agent network and the agency banking and Value-Added Service (VAS) business line.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Continuously develop and implement expansion and growth strategy for Agency Banking and VAS business lines
- Identify market trends for all business lines.
- Responsible for providing clients’ feedback and suggestions to the product development team to enhance product development/improvement process to ensure that the Company delivers unique, superior products and services that differentiated within the marketplace and deliver benefits and value to the customer.
- Carry out competitors’ analysis for review.
- Source and win Financial Inclusion projects in Nigeria.
- Prepare an annual work plan with clear targets for agents’ recruitment and revenue for the department.
- Implement the Agency Banking strategy in line with company’s overall strategy including drawing and implementing the Agent recruitment and training programme as per agency banking annual work – plan.
- Onboard new and grow the agent network of the company.
- Sign-up and increase the B2B client-base.
- Developing and leading initiatives to grow and sustain the departmental business lines profitability.
- Evaluating agency channel processes and procedures from time to time for improvement of more efficient operations, compliance, better controls and user-friendly.
- Ensure the annual agent onboarding target is met.
- Ensure the annual BVN & Account opening target is met.
- Manage relationship with the company’s B2B clients for VAS business lines.
- Preparation and presentation of business proposals to clients.
- Responsible for acquiring and working with customers to negotiate contractual relationships and ensure the Company achieves a win/win situation.
- Work with the Product management team to carry out market product and intelligence to ensure the organization remains competitive in the industry.
- Responsible for working with regional leads to set priorities, deliverables and ensure that regional/state targets are delivered.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure agent transaction systems are up and running all the time.
- Carry out business risk assessments and institute controls in place to mitigate the risks, monitor compliance and safe operations of the agents by carrying out periodic visits.
- Attend conferences, meetings and key clients’ functions to generate business leads and raise awareness.
- Develop strategic relationships to help grow the Company’s network and business.
- Prepare and present to management a report on performance of the agent banking & VAS business lines as and when due or required.
- Work with the finance team to prepare the annual business development departmental budget.
- Ensure cost in kept in line with budget.
- Ensure all regulatory/compliance reports (e.g SANEF reports) are submitted as and when due.
- Provide visible leadership to the agency banking & VAS team.
- Set clear, realistic and measurable target for the different state/reginal heads and VAS business development officer.
- Ensuring that business objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Recruitment and development of the agency banking & VAS tea
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable fintech, Mobile Money Operator firm, or in a sales role of which 4 years must be in a managerial / leadership role.
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of any local language (Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba) & Agent network management.
- Good knowledge of local terrain/geography and understanding of business landscape (regulatory, legal & policy frameworks) that govern mobile payments/electronic payments & agent networks in Nigeria.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Problem analysis and solving skill.
- Strong Business intelligence skill
- Good knowledge in MS Office.
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online