Tomato Jos is a private equity-backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant Writer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Serve as a resource for staff of grant funded programs for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters
- Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with functional teams to identify and capture funding opportunities
- Incorporate best practices into growth-related business processes and proposals
- Build relationships with current and prospective donors
- Grants Management & Compliance
- Documentation of results, reporting and marketing
- Work closely with the Programs and Communications teams to understand Tomato Jos programs and their Theories of Change, and priorities for funding.
- Proactively identify and pursue grants and other funding opportunities.
- Manage a detailed, prioritized calendar to ensure an adequate pipeline of applications.
- Proactively seek collateral to support applications and reports, such as case studies, testimonials, images, etc.
- Research, write and submit compelling grant applications in accordance with each donor guideline.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Arrange and manage contributors and content as required.
- Effectively manage all reporting requirements including report writing and submitting acquittals.
- Work with the Programs Team to source evidence of success against organizational and project-specific KPIs and outcomes
- Support effective internal communication and information management processes to ensure access and use of Business Development information by relevant stakeholders within the organization, including maintaining an up-to-date opportunities matrix
- Support key staff to develop and maintain key relationships with donors, collaborating organizations, and private sector actors with an eye toward opportunity identification, shared value creation, strategic alliance formation, and global brand positioning
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports to Project Management Team
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to Project Management Team.
Grants Management & Compliance:
- Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with donors’ regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
- Develop and maintain grants management tools, such as funding trackers, reporting calendars, templates, and compliance guideline documents; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines
- Organize grant opening, review, and closing meetings
- Support production of donor reports and ensure that reports are of high quality and submitted on time
- Support the Program and Operations team in the preparation and follow-up of grants operations meetings, and lead the meetings
- Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
- Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating training, and providing one-on-one follow-up support, in report writing, proposal development, and other topics.
- Maintain hard and soft files on Tomato Jos grant portfolio.
- Assist the Program and Operations teamin preparing, reviewing, and modifying memoranda of understanding and contracts of grant agreements.
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs
Documentation of Results, Reporting, and Communication:
- Participate in quarterly program reviews and evaluations to ensure systematic documentation of program best practices and lessons learned by program staff, maintain a centralized system with access by all staff and disseminate as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Programs and Operations teams, establish effective systems to ensure timely reporting to donors, support other staff in understanding funder requirements and ensure reports themselves are in the correct format and edit sections of reports as needed.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.