Eko Electricity Distribution Plc (EKEDC) is widely regarded as the flagship of Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI). In March 2005, the Energy Power Sector Reform Act (EPSRA) came into force leading to the cessation of the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA). Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution which were together under NEPA were separated into different business operations in the sector.
In the distribution line, 11 companies (including Eko Disco) emerged, with licenses to distribute electricity to consumers. However, these companies were under the umbrella of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) which was later unbundled in 2013 when power generation and distribution were further privatised giving investors more or total ownership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with development teams and business analyst to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)/Lower Credit from a recognized Institution.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Experience developing web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache), cloud services (e.g Microsoft Azure) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Familiarity with the Power Industry in Nigeria
Salary Range and Benefits
- N250,000 – N300,000 depending on experience
- 25 Days paid leave
- HMO & Pension scheme
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.