Jedidiah Air Limited (JedAir) is a foremost aviation services and management company based at Murtala Muhammed Airport in Ikeja, the heart of the city of Lagos, which is also the commercial nerve centre of business and air transport activities in the West African sub region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Flight Dispatcher
Duties / Responsibilities / Overview
- Flight dispatchers coordinate all activities on the ground at an airport to ensure the safe, quick and efficient turnaround of aircraft from when they land to the time they depart. They are also known as turnaround coordinators (TCOs) or load controllers.
Duties performed depend on the airline you work for and the size of the airport you are based at:
- Monitoring aircraft arrivals and departures and amending turnaround schedules if there are delays
- Liaising with ground crew and ensuring that tasks, such as cleaning, refueling and loading, are completed on time
- Calculating how much fuel is required for the weight of the aircraft and distance of the journey
- Producing a plan of where it should be positioned in the aircraft
- Preparing flight paperwork for the crew, such as printing of flight plans, passenger lists and weather reports
- Checking that all passengers and luggage or cargo is loaded and deciding, along with the pilot, when to close the departure gate
- Ensuring that pre-flight safety and maintenance checks have been carried out
- With the captain, authorizing dispatch of the aircraft and completing all reports and logs according to company regulations
- Operating equipment such as air bridges and driving airside vehicles for transporting crew.
- Performs the pre-flight duties as the cabin crew prepare for the flight
- Provides the pilot with the advised route for an individual flight
- Assesses weather reports and informs the pilot of any hazards
- Makes checks on aircraft maintenance issues
- Reviews aircraft weight, fuel loads and cargo loads
- General duties to ensure the aircraft is safe and ready to fly
- Reports to air traffic control and airport staff about departure times, and after departure, providing reports on aircraft status and predicted arrival times.
- The qualifications needed to become a flight dispatcher include a High school Diploma or any discipline and specialized training in the field.
- You must become certified as an Aircraft Dispatcher through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- This process requires you to complete several courses and exams. Recurrent training through the FAA covers company policies and procedures, aircraft systems, meteorology, and other related information.
- You must also have the ability to adapt to a changing work environment and provide quick and efficient communication. Proficient computer skills are also needed.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.