Biswal Limited provides high quality, bespoke services to the telecommunications industry. We pride ourselves on the acquisition, development and deployment of all resources required to allow a telecommunications company to provide excellent service to its own customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Location: HQ, Lagos
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance Officer
Job Objective / Purpose of the Job
- The Fleet Manager is to coach, mentor, manage, and supervise all fleet personnel within the fleet department to achieve the best results within the fleet department.
- The Fleet Manager is to provide leadership expertise in management of all vehicles and equipment owned by Biswal including maintenance and repair so as to contribute to achieving Biswal’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Vehicle Maintenance Repairs:
- Direct day-to-day operational management of fleet.
- Advise management on requirements to support operations in line with business objectives
- Develop and manage the department’s capital and operating budgets
- Lead the development and implementation of fleet maintenance plans / schedules.
- Develop guiding policies including safety standards; monitor and ensure adherence to established policies and procedures; continuous improvement
- Implement standard operating procedures to guide the use of the company’s fleet.
- Ensure proper maintenance and servicing is delivered and equipment is maintained in accordance with (IAW) operational readiness rate (OR)
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to ensure availability of fit-for-purpose good and services in a cost-effective manner, to meet internal demands.
- Design and implement an efficient store management system with supporting policies, processes, controls and documentation.
- Partner with business managers to optimise spending.
- Manage vendors and contractors engaged by the facilities department to ensure effective service delivery and smooth operations; monitor performance to ensure delivery in line with agreements
- Lead contracting and negotiation of facilities operations
- Develop procedures and budget data for the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Prepare material, cost and time reports
- Prepare bid specifications for vehicles and mechanical equipment
- Advise on requirement for parts, and supplies used for vehicle and maintenance.
- Maintain, schedule and ensure up to date licensing of outsourced drivers
- Monitors fleet expenditures and ensures compliance to budget constraints.
Vehicle Maintenance Reporting:
- Maintain records of company fleet including, usage, deployment, repairs and maintenance
- Report on any misuse of vehicles and malicious damage to vehicles
- Ensure company fleet is duly protected by adequate insurance cover and other appropriate means.
- Ensure all subordinates are completing correct paperwork at all times
- Supervise all Fleet admin staff and coach to ensure all targets are met.
Team Leadership & Management:
- Manage the fleet department, activities and personnel
- Facilitate team development; manage performance
- And any other responsibilities as may be determined by Management.
Key Performance Areas
- Maintenance Cost
- Cost of Downtime
- Budget Management.
- Turnaround time on repairs
- HSE Compliance (%).
- % Customer Satisfaction
- Quality of Service.
Learning & Growth:
- Strengthen Capability.
- Learning and Development of Team members.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering or a related discipline
- Relevant postgraduate and or professional qualification would be added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience in automotive and vehicle maintenance, repair and rebuilding operations
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities.
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements:
Functional / Technical:
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Conflict Management.
- Customer Services.
- Time Management.
- Strong understanding of the hazards and safety precautions.
- HSE Complaint.
- Results orientation.
- Team work.
- People management.
- Relationship management.
- Personal mastery.
- Analytical thinking.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.