The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 5212
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Finance
Employment Type: Full – time
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the assistant position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
- Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Ensure proper filing of documents both in hard and soft
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure that cash are kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained.
- Make sure posting of transactions are done on daily basis.
- Make sure payments are processed on time
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through bank.
- Ensure timely clearance of field office cash box.
- Be responsible for release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure control for the prevention of waste, fraud and mismanagement before processing the payments.
- Keep good control of the Field offices, banks details and assist them with tools in use by NRC.
- Responsible for keeping of cash in office
- Responsible for scanning and archiving finance documentation as per SSD guidelines for the Field Office on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Preferably a Degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Previous 2 years of experience working in a finance and support functions department (preferably INGO)
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Microsoft Office Application
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of Local Language (Hausa).
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022 by 07:27 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online