LifeBank is a healthcare technology and logistics company that’s in the business of saving lives. We believe that no African should die from a shortage of essential medical products at the hospital level, and we are on a mission to solve this. LifeBank is currently working on the blood shortage problem in Nigeria by connecting hospitals to blood banks, and blood banks to donors. We do this by hosting blood drives and by delivering blood in less than 55 minutes, in a WHO and EU recommended cold-chain, to hospitals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Lead
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Reports to: The Director of Finance and the Country CEO
- We are looking for a Finance Lead who will be responsible for the planning and managing of the finance department and all its operations.
- The finance lead will manage the company’s budgeting, accounting, fiscal management, financial reporting, internal auditing, taxation and financial data processing functions.
- This role requires that you have a thorough understanding of local GAAP and the IFRS as well as expertise and experience in managing teams.
- You will own the entire accounting and finance function and provide leadership and mentorship for team members while providing data for the business’ financial dealings with external parties including the government, creditors, customers and regulators.
- The ideal candidate would have functional knowledge of an ERP (or accounting software), an ability to analyze and visualize financial data, and be proficient in using the full Microsoft Office suite (specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- In addition, we expect you to be a go-getter, a team player and an excellent communicator who stays regularly up-to-date with industry knowledge, accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare various accounting reports, financial statements, budgets, cost analyses, models and projections.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the company’s books of accounts.
- Oversee accounts receivables and payables.
- Review cost structures and support cost control efforts for LifeBank Nigeria.
- Prepare and review detailed financial analysis for LifeBank Nigeria to illustrate key business drivers, performance indicators, identify engagement risk, and determine the appropriate financial strategies to get desired results.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with LifeBank Corporate, other country teams, departmental Heads/Leads, other departments and third parties.
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results for LifeBank Nigeria.
- Handling all financial compliance-related matters for LifeBank Nigeria.
- Manage payroll, deductions and remittances to the relevant tax authorities and government agencies.
- Provide required support and data to external auditors and tax authorities to ensure effective and timely completion of the audit processes and enquiries.
- Prepare financial accounts of LBN monthly, quarterly and annually
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- B.Sc in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a similar role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Have good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be persuasive, persistent and patient
- Be able to cope with pressure
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have a mature personality
- Have good organizational and administrative skills
- Have good IT skills
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Must have a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Ability to work well with others
- Reserved and introspective
- Have a deep desire to work in the start-up industry
- Technology industry awareness
- Highly organized and detailed
- Passion for people.
- Work in the office
- Will be required to write reports
- Would be required to handle cash.
N160,000 – N200,000 Gross Monthly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online