The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Bomo State, and under the direction and technical supervision of the AHN HR Officer, the Finance and Admin Assistant will provide administrative and clerical services in an effective and efficient manner.
- He/She shall maintain confidential records, files, comprehensive records on budget expenditures, and make a stationary requisition.
- He will be responsible for organizing meetings and keeping records of the meetings.
- He/S will coordinate daily financial tasks, Support the coordination of office management, activities, and programs in the project office.
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance and conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and working with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list and provide logistics and other support to program implementation.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Finance with at least 3 years of secretarial / administrative experience; Or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Expert level competence with MS Office and database applications.
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, minutes, letters, and memos accurately.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOS is highly desirable.
- Also, experience in USAID AND GIZ work is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter & detailed CV including relevant experience) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The Cover Letter should address the candidate’s interest in the job, why he / she is a good fit and his program development and administration philosophies.