Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration (F&A) Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
- Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- By its conclusion, the task order is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre- service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
- Targeted interventions will contribute to (1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and (2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self- reliance. This activity will contribute to the achievement of Development Objective 2 of Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states,” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.
- The Finance and Administration (F&A) Specialist is based in Kebbi and reports to the Human Resources for Health (HRH) Coordinator and work closely with the Country office Finance and Administration team to make sure that the program finances and operations are integrated effectively between the field and Country office.
- This position will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards, national policies and best practices on human resources systems strengthening.
- The position will also ensure the adaptation and integration of emerging knowledge and innovative solutions within project activities.
- Provide support at the Kebbi State level on operations including but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- Support a USAID compliant Financial Management and Reporting system at the state level and ensure project staff use and follow the system, particularly at the state level.
- Initiate payment in QuickBooks accounting software system.
- Manages the petty cash and reconciles the state local imprest account.
- Implement internal control measures for the award at the state level.
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices and other financial reports as required and provide required documentation for USAID-required audits.
- Produce financial and budget reports, provide support in developing procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitoring project budgets, maintaining accurate financial records on project activities, and monitoring transactions to ensure compliance with USAID regulations at the state level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant fields. Master’s preferred.
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance preferably supporting USAID funded programs in Nigeria at the state level.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and/or supply chain management for the implementation of public health programs in low- and/or middle-income countries at the state level.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates should list all work experience and qualifications in their CV
- Candidates should reference the job title and location on their Cover Letter and Resume / CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.