The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Representative, Burkina Faso
Ref No: IDB2784
Country: Burkina Faso
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Division: Country Rel. & Ser. Africa & Latin America
Department: Country Relations and Services Africa & Latin America
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the concerned COM at the Regional Hub of Abuja, the Field Representative ensures the effective functioning of the FR Office and undertakes a coordination role in supervising the implementation of IsDB financed projects in Burkina Faso.
General Operational Duties:
- Contribute to the development of project pipeline and annual work program
- Liaise with Government on follow-up issues associated with ongoing IsDB projects
- Facilitate IsDB Group missions to the country
- Through field visits and participation in IsDB missions, become familiar with the ongoing IsDB portfolio to ensure a thorough understanding of the ongoing IsDB portfolio and the key issues emerging from projects;
- Ensure routine follow-up with ongoing projects on outstanding supervision recommendations and advise COM as necessary and as requested; take actions as per recommendations of COM.
- Any other tasks as and when requested by the COM and/or the Regional Hub Manager / Director.
Specific Operational Matters:
- Follow-up on signature and effectiveness of the project financing agreements.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, visit the project sites, especially those laden with problems that must be visited more frequently.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, prepare project implementation assessment reports
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders, prepare project completion reports for completed projects in the country.
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with the executing agencies and local partners in identifying new business opportunities and avenues for collaboration.
- Represent the Bank in the technical and financial partners regular meetings in Burkina Faso.
- Under the supervision of COM, explore with international development financing institutions based in the Country on co-financing and partnership opportunities with IsDB.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with colleagues and counterparts to share knowledge, and experience about the country and developments taking place in key sectors of the economy.
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare periodic reports on country portfolio performance as well as recent political, economic and social development
- Disseminating IsDB guidelines, procedures and policies on project implementation to executing agencies and other stakeholders and facilitating communications between IsDB and development stakeholders in the country.
- Disseminating IsDB strategic orientations, flag-ship initiatives and services and products
- Under the supervision of COM, representing IsDB in meetings in the country when specifically required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics / Education / Energy / Food Security / Health Management / Rural Development / Transportation / Water Management / Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree would be preferred.
- Additional qualification or certification in Project Management like PMP would be highly desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the development sector, of which minimum 5 years in a specific sector.
- English (Mandatory)
- French (Mandatory).
Skills and Necessary Knowledge:
- Project Management skills.
- People Management skills.
- Quality Management.
- Results Orientation.
- Portfolio Management.
- Time and resource management.
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Problem Solving skills
- Vendor Management
- Global Trends and Challenges in the specific sector.
- IT skills, especially in project management.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online