Millie’s International School – We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Primary Teacher
- We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic Key Stage 1 (Year 1-2) Teacher for immediate start.
- If you are a Primary teacher with growth mind-set; you love teaching and have a passion for learning, then our children need you!
For your application to be successful, you must meet the following criteria:
- MUST be resident in Ibadan and able to easily commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- B.Ed / B.A in English Language / Primary Education or the Social Sciences, gained from a reputable Institution, plus a Post Graduate qualification in the same or similar field will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience, thorough knowledge and understanding of the British Curriculum gained from working in a similar role
- Be able to teach a full range of subject areas for this age group
- Well developed teaching skills in the core subject areas (English, Mathematics and Science) are a MUST
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of systematic synthetic phonics
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Cursive Handwriting scheme
- Be passionate about teaching and be able to provide our pupils engaging and exciting learning experiences
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
- Effective classroom management and evidence of outstanding teaching skills
- Have an understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
- Have thorough understanding of best practices in teaching
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be confident in using ICT and media to support your work and the children’s learning.
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.