Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator
Reference ID: req12994
Locations: Kaduna and Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Project Overview and Role
- Global Prosperity Fund’s ‘Skills for Prosperity’ is a FCDO programme, which seeks to improve the cost-effectiveness, access, quality, relevance and equity of skills through innovative approaches in 9 Middle-Income Countries around the world including Nigeria.
- In Nigeria, the Skills for Prosperity (S4P) country programme is working to institutionalise a National Apprenticeship and Traineeship System (NATS).
- The project would improve:
- Access to quality apprenticeships and traineeships for youth and especially women and persons with disabilities, with a focus on improving access to, equity and the quality of apprenticeships, and supporting training institutions to deliver demand-driven, competency-based training.
- Strengthen education-to-employment linkages, and
- Build the capacity of training institutions to improve outcomes for vulnerable women and people with disabilities.
- Apprenticeships, traineeships, and capacity building interventions will focus on identified high growth sectors of the economy (Agriculture/Agribusiness/agro-allied industries; Creative and Entertainment and Information and Communications Technology sectors).
- S4P-N aims to directly benefit youth and women in the targeted states of Kaduna and Lagos.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Towards creating a more inclusive NAT system, S4P-N would be conducting a series of separate male and female focus group discussions with persons with disabilities.
- The aim is to better understand their experience in training programmes, apprenticeships and traineeships. Findings from the focus group discussions would be used to improve policy and practice.
- To this end, we are seeking both male and female Facilitators/Notetakers to support this exercise.
The Facilitator/Notetaker would be expected to:
- Be aware of the socio-cultural context of the state in which they would be supporting.
- Attend a research methodology workshop (online) which will include a session on safeguarding.
- Familiarise themselves with the focus group discussion concept note.
- Facilitate Focus Group Discussions with Persons with Disabilities with the support of the S4P-N teams.
- Depending on the activity, act as Note-Taker and record sessions and observations.
- Prepare FGDs summaries and notes.
- Any other requirement as determined and agree with the S4P-N team.
- Excellent facilitation and note-taking skills.
- Demonstratable experience of conducting research or facilitating focus group discussions for other organisations.
- Ability to work as part of a team with people from diverse cultures.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Hausa (for Facilitators in Kaduna).
- Previous experience of facilitating focus group discussions with persons with disabilities.
- Previous experience of working with persons with disabilities.
- Remuneration will be based on an agreed daily rate.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please indicate the state in which you are interested in, in the subject line of your cover letter e.g Facilitator/Notetaker (Lagos)
- Successful candidates will be expected to adhere to Palladium’s code of conduct, prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment policies, safeguarding and related policies and practices.
- Open to Nigerian nationals only.
- The vacancy is open to individuals living in Kaduna and Lagos as the Project would is unable to provide additional support for accommodation and travel outside the target states.