Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Principal, Financial Markets Corporate Sales
Job Ref.: 2200027448
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- Role is a Business / Function Manager. Refer to P3 for overall Budget requirements on client income. There will also be team related responsibilities assisting colleagues/team members to help achieve team and bank-wide objectives.
- Grow the Financial Markets Sales Franchise across all asset classes for Corporate Sales Content clients across individual clients in Nigeria along with content clients across West Africa, whilst following all regulatory responsibilities.
- Awareness and understanding of the firm’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Manage, maintain and improve assigned existing accounts.
- Grow the Content Client FM business in Nigeria / West Africa across Corp Sales segment.
- Management of account coverage, budget and performance to ensure compliance and productivity.
- Involvement in GAM related activities as well as FAM where applicable.
- Work closely with Trading, Research, Structuring, Credit, CIB and Risk to drive collaboration and cross-sell within the Corporate client space.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Make our business more efficient.
- Achieving assigned full year budget as per annual P3 document for client income from allocated clients. Within this budget, generate specific Financial Markets Product mix as per P3 Document.
- Ensure the Bank’s clients receive pricing and support, both in terms of trading and market information.
- Is an individual contributor and supports others.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Executing Trades we must follow credit check processes, CA’s, appropriateness and suitability as well as assessing market risk. We must also work within any other limits set against the business.
- Assess and approve the feasibility and agree a solution for implementation of risk control policies.
- Responsible for executing the activities within the end-to-end Process in accordance with the process design and control standards.
- Jointly and severally responsible with the Second Line for risk and control outcomes of the process and any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance.
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- The ability to interpret the firm’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Must be aware of and follow our procedures including Cross-Border, Termsheet, Dodd Frank where applicable, Product Fair pricing, Disclaimers, suitable Marketing Materials as well as any required regulatory qualifications. Must manage EUCs, be aware of Dealing Mandate requirements, FM FO Dealing Handbook, PA account Dealing Principles as well as the Gifts and Entertainment register, New Joiners, Staff transfer/Exit checklists. Must also follow MAR requirements and manage FMSW responsibilities.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work in the Global Subsidiaries Corporate Content Client Franchise to achieve the outcomes set out in the Banks Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the CBN / PRA.
- Global Banking, Global Subsidiaries, Transaction Banking, Risk Credit, Trading, Structuring across West Africa, AME region and Group.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values across the region and demonstrate in daily behavior.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Follow FM Code of Conduct, Compliance Manual, Supervision Principles and Manual as well as FM Market Conduct Compliance Manual.
- Academic or Professional Education / Qualifications: i.e. standards required for roles.
- Licences and Certifications / accreditations: i.e. internal / externally required.
- Professional Memberships: i.e. required for roles for continuous development / improvement / awareness of current practices, etc.
- Bank training: i.e. mandatory and developmental – role specific, and regulatory / compliance bank wide and role specific.
- Languages: i.e. those required for roles
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- Manage Conduct
- Business Market Knowledge
- Sales – Client Pitching
- Sales – Relationship Management
- FM – Products – Rates
- FM – Products – Foreign Exchange
- FM – Products – Commodities
- FM – Products – Money Markets.
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2022; 10:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online