The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence an is poised to becoming one of the best University of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaged in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning and Development
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Director of Physical Planning and Development is the Chief Physical Planning Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for all aspects of Physical Planning and Infrastructural Development of the University as well as advising the University on the formulation, execution and review of policies affecting the Physical Planning and Development Section.
- The candidates for the position of Director of Physical Planning and Development must exhibit considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for the running of the Department of Procurement and Directorate of Physical and Development Unit respectively of a University.
- Prospective candidates must be proficient in ICT particularly in Computer Aided Designs and Controls.
- The candidate must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of appointment and must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duty of Director of Physical Planning and Development of a fast growing specialized University of Technology.
- The candidates must have a good honours Degree either in Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying and similar professions from a recognized University and at least fifteen (15) years of relevant post qualification service experience at University/equivalent level.
- Candidates should be officers of not below the rank of a Deputy Director of Physical Planning in a University or a similar institution.
- Possession of a higher degree will be added advantage, while membership of relevant professional body(ies) of the candidate’s discipline is mandatory.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and is pensionable. The basic salary attached to the post is CONTISS (II) 15.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined by the Federal Government and the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following:
- Name in full (Surname, in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experience, including full details of former and present post(s)
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees.
All applications should be sent to the address below:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B 1526 Owerri,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.