First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client, an innovative research and development company with trendsetting products in the education and health sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (Backend)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- DevOps Engineer to grow the business in line with the company’s overall strategy of driving more customers and more user cases backed with a superlative learning experience.
- The primary activities of the role will entail deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs, participating in all aspects of deploying, documenting, monitoring, and maintaining the infrastructure critical to the success of the organization.
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces.
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members.
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer.
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of tools and technologies in software development.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Coach teammates and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Actively spot and report issues and work on fixing and refactoring code where needed.
- Respond to the PR review requests of colleagues.
- Eager to learn new tools and share knowledge with the team.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Comfortable with higher testing and deployment frequencies
- Experience with operation in the production environment
- Knowledge of IT systems, production environment and experience with data management
- Need for efficiency and the ability to use automation tools toward this end
- Understanding of process reengineering
- Project management skills
- Understand Linux.
Knowledge of Tools and Technologies Used in Every DevOps Process:
- Continuous management (Puppet, Chef, and Ansible)
- Continuous integration (Travis CI, Jenkins, and Bamboo, Gitlab)
- Continuous testing (Test Complete, Docker, and Tricentis Tosca)
- Continuous monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, and Splunk)
- Understand the CI/CD Process – should also know where and when to use DevOps technologies and tools.
- Understand the infrastructure as a code (IAC) model and its application to solve deployment problems.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “DevOps Engineer” as the subject of the mail.