Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a Logistics Technology company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time | Onsite
- We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
- The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and the ground up.
- He / She is responsible for collecting, managing, and converting raw data into information that can be interpreted by data scientists and business analysts.
- Data accessibility is their goal, which is to enable organizations to utilize data for performance evaluation and optimization.
- The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Analyze and organize raw data.
- Build data systems and pipelines to evaluate business needs and objectives and Interpret trends and patterns.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Build algorithms and prototypes to Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or a similar field.
- Master’s is a plus, Data Engineering Certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years experience
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Technical expertise in data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python).
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
N700,000 – N800,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.