Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre, featuring a restaurant and a fitness centre, is located in Ibadan. Among the various facilities of this property are a bar, a garden and a terrace. IITA Forest Reserve is 8 miles from the hotel. All guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms contain an electric teapot, while some have a balcony. At Kakanfo Inn And Conference Centre, every room has a private bathroom with a bath.
Our client, a reputable Hotel in Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Conference Sales Manager / Event Sales Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Conference and Events Sales Manager is responsible for Soliciting conference business for the hotel in assigned market areas and achieving sales targets defined by the management.
- The successful candidate should also be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve daily targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service.
- Work directly with key decisions makers from Corporate, negotiating rates and confirming their accommodation, meetings and events.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of sales, department and budgetary reports as and when required Planning events in conjunction with the client.
- Present and sell available and suitable banquet/event options to the highest possible standard.
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goals while focusing on shoulder and off-season business.
- Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Actively manage business bookings, record denials, make network referrals.
- Make commercial decisions to maximize MICE income on a daily basis.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Carry out a monthly review for the next 6 month’s availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall or overbooking.
- Ensuring all inquiries are recorded accurately in the Event Enquiry application (Opera S&M, Delphi, Protel Banquet, MICE software etc.).
- Bring indirect guests through online marketing and advertising.
- Helping the hotel to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the hotel.
- B.Sc / Diploma in Hospitality or Sales and Marketing
- 6 -10 years experience in Hotel / Banquet / Event sales with a proven track record
- Must have a very high level of Customer Service.
- Proficient in using CRM, MS office software applications including MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Conference and Events Sales Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.