Africhange (AF) is a remittance company that leverages blockchain technology and P2P exchange to offer a seamless way for users in Canada to send money to Nigeria. Our platform and process are crypto and P2P powered, and our aim is to transform the way people send money to Africa and though currently only serving users in Canada and Nigeria, we are determined to extend operations to all African countries.
Whether you would like to pay for a property, send funds to friends and family or pay employees, you’ll need to safely send funds without stress and ridiculous charges. Africhange is the solution to your problem. We are a safe, secure, and convenient way to send money from Canada to Nigeria; and because we rely on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, you can be sure that we will always offer you the best way to send money home at the best rates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Because we are growing, we are seeking an individual that is highly passionate about ensuring the effective management of all relevant Anti-Money Laundering statutes
- Maintain an understanding of the Canadian Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act, its regulations and regulatory guidance published by FINTRAC
- Maintain or provide input into an appropriate AML/CFT Program (including documented policies and procedures, risk assessment and training manuals) to ensure compliance with government regulators
- Assist with client onboarding and initial compliance review for all Africhange’s Clients
- Determine the identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance
- Manage the suspicious activity reporting process, internally and externally with FINTRAC, Revenue Quebec, law enforcement agencies, etc.
- Communicate with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in Africhange’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance alerts and investigate unusual, suspicious, or suspected fraudulent activity in a timely manner
- Ensure FINTRAC reports are submitted accurately and abide by all regulatory deadlines
- Receiving and promptly responding to enquiries from law enforcement agencies, including production orders
- Coordinate and/or assist with audits/exams as required
- Report periodically to Africhange’s senior management or board regarding the state of the company’s AML/CFT Program.
- Stay abreast of current AML/CTF legislation.
- B.Sc / HND qualification in Accounting / Finance or Legal Degree
- Four (4) years’ work experience in a compliance role within the FinTech industry
- ACAMS, ACFCS or other equivalent designation would be an advantage or asset
- Strong working knowledge of corporate structures, the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Google Workspace and Slack applications is beneficial
- Enthusiasm, drive, and ability to take ownership of their work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What We Offer
- Fully remote opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Access to relevant courses/learning programs
- A great team with a passion for working collaboratively.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified persons from Canada are highly encouraged to apply.
- AF offers a great work experience, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics.