Women Impacting Nigeria (WIN) – Founded by Tope Imasekha, WIN is a female-run, non-profit organisation, that aims to reduce the gender gaps that exist in education, living conditions, economic empowerment and political participation in Nigeria.
WIN is dedicated to positively affecting the socio-economic development of Nigeria through the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Remote, Nigeria
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
- Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
- B.Sc / BA in Public Relations, Communications or relevant field.
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Qualification BA/BSC